Invitation

I am not an ethicist. Thus, unlike the New York Times column, I do not purport to know the answers. I will post my own as well as those submitted. From time to time I may say what I think but this Blog is primarily for the contributions of others.

Friday, May 23, 2014

Big Red Slobbering Dog



Dear Law School Ethicist,
The associate dean for student affairs at my school has started a program to lessen stress for students. It meets once a week at 6:00 p.m. We learn how to meditate, how to breathe, and are given exercises that alleviate stress. I have a lot of anxiety and would rather use this time to go home, watch sports or ESPN, and have a brewski. It's my stress reduction program, and it works great. 

But, this dean is also my teacher for civil pro, and, even though her pet program is voluntary, she takes names of those who attend her "stress class". Everyone in her civil pro section shows up, except me. Today she asked me how I'm doing. Now I'm really freaked.  

She is very proud of her stress initiative and stresses (oops, sorry) that her door is always open and her therapy trained Golden Retriever, Buffy, ready to be cuddled. Am I going to get screwed because I didn't sign up for de-stressing and I'm scared of dogs? 
"Go Blue!" Benny

1 comment:

  1. I am not a licensed psychologist but my hunch is that your teacher should be getting treatment as opposed to dispensing it. Bring Buffy a big steak. She will ignore you and then go for the steak. Then explain to your teacher that she or he may be engaged in the unlicensed practice of psychotherapy.

    ReplyDelete