Invitation

I am not an ethicist. Thus, unlike the New York Times column, I do not purport to know the answers. I will post my own as well as those submitted. From time to time I may say what I think but this Blog is primarily for the contributions of others.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Time is On My Side



Dear Law School Ethicist;

Ok, here is the story. In my law school class about a third of the class is given extra time on exams. Some have trouble with eye sight, some have language issues, and others have ADHD although I am not sure if that is the way it is spelled or how it is pronounced. Some take ADHD meds but do not get extra time. All of these people have an advantage on the exam. I know a buddy of mine who got extra time wrote 1000 more words on an exam than I did. I wanted extra time too and  this year I developed a heavy Italian accent. It worked great and it got  me extra time. Now some jerk claims I violated the Honor Code. Yes, I did fake the accent but I did not fake my desire for extra time and throughout the exam in my head I did think in an Italian accent. I say if I cheated so did all the students who do not have ADHD but take the medicine anyway. What do you think?

Franco

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing Franco. First I am happy you just developed the accent as opposed to blinding yourself. You are completely right on this one. Developing an Italian accent is no easy task. And thinking in an Italian accent . . . well my hatsa offa to youa. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete