Invitation

I am not an ethicist. Thus, unlike the New York Times column, I do not purport to know the answers. I will post my own as well as those submitted. From time to time I may say what I think but this Blog is primarily for the contributions of others.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Ethical Student Punished?



Dear Law School Ethicist:

I have a 3.39 GPA. If I had a 3.40 I would qualify for honors. Today I asked my first year contracts teacher to raise my grade from a  B to a B+ in his class. He asked why and I told the truth -- I need the extra points for honors. He said no. I feel like I am being punished for telling the truth. Is this fair?  I thought law school was all about ethics and that students should be awarded for telling the truth. What's with this guy?

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment