Invitation

I am not an ethicist. Thus, unlike the New York Times column, I do not purport to know the answers. I will post my own as well as those submitted. From time to time I may say what I think but this Blog is primarily for the contributions of others.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Did I Earn an A?




Dear Law School Ethicist;

As a first year student I fell head over heels in love with Civil Procedure and, by the way, my professor. We had intimate relations. He was not married, nor am I. After a couple of months we realized we should not be involved.

My final grade was A. That would be fine because I studied hard and, after all, got some private tutoring. The problem is that I left half the test blank. I suspect the A was awarded because of some sense of gratitude or kindness.

If I do not go to the Dean and tell him the whole story and petition for my grade to be reduced to a B or C, have I violated the honor code? Thanks in advance for your answer.

Linda

1 comment:

  1. Linda, I also teach civil procedure. I am sure you earned that A.

    ReplyDelete