Invitation

I am not an ethicist. Thus, unlike the New York Times column, I do not purport to know the answers. I will post my own as well as those submitted. From time to time I may say what I think but this Blog is primarily for the contributions of others.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

It Could have Happened


                                                                                 

Dear Law School Ethicist:

A few days ago, I reported to my teacher that he was so mean in class that a foreign student fled the class in tears.  He seemed to feel bad about it. Without my permission, he approached the student and asked her what was the matter. She reported that he was not upset and that she had allergies. Now the teacher has let me know in subtle ways that I've caused a stir when it was unnecessary. I explained to him that even though it did not happen, it COULD have happened. I mean you never really know. He says there is a big difference. I say he is insensitive and narrow minded. Who is right? Thanks.

Claudine

No comments:

Post a Comment