Invitation

I am not an ethicist. Thus, unlike the New York Times column, I do not purport to know the answers. I will post my own as well as those submitted. From time to time I may say what I think but this Blog is primarily for the contributions of others.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Hot Ham and Cheese Cheating??



Dear Law School Ethicist:

This has been bothering me for some time. I was having a hard time in Financial Papers class and I spoke to my teacher.She said that if I would bring her a hot ham and cheese sandwich from Subway each day for lunch I would get and A in the classl She paid for the sandwich so it seemed fine to me and I really wanted an A. A hot ham and cheese (6 inch) cost  $5.34 including tax.  A couple of weeks ago, I discovered that I could get almost exactly the same sandwich for $4.50 and a different sub shop.  My teacher cannot tell the difference and I keep the 84 cents extra.  Am I cheating by not  telling her that I am only paying $4.50 for the sandwich?

No comments:

Post a Comment